All over American society people are working to discourage smoking, and to a lesser degree alcohol, toxic pollution and high fat diets for the simple reason that they reduce human life expectancy. Yet none of these threats reduces life expectancy as much as homosexual conduct.
Why are all the TV programs on AIDS victims eager to evade the real issue – that liberal values and loose lifestyles are overwhelming contributors to the epidemic?
The AIDS Epidemic
In 2004, UNAIDS, the United Nations agency charged with controlling the disease, reported the total number of people living with the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) rose to reach its highest level ever: an estimated 39.4 million [35.9 million–44.3 million] people are living with the virus.
UNAIDS estimates about 1.6 million individuals are infected in the U.S.
Nearly 5 million new infections were reported in 2004 and with 3.1 million deaths resulting from the AIDS virus.
The number of people living with HIV has been rising in every region, compared with two years ago, with the steepest increases occurring in East Asia, and in Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
Most HIV infections occur through injecting drugs with contaminated equipment, unprotected sex between men and unsafe commercial sex, according to UNAIDS.
Sex between men and, to a lesser extent, injecting drug use remain prominent factors in the epidemics, but the patterns of HIV transmission are changing. New sections of populations are being affected, with an increasing proportion of people becoming infected through unprotected heterosexual intercourse.
AIDS is the most politicized disease mankind has ever known. Special interest groups have helped subvert the health care policies we have in place – good policies that should apply to all diseases. We need to return to traditional medical and public health procedures historically used to control other infectious diseases. In this approach the responsibility to diagnose and monitor the spread of HIV infection is again placed on the medical and public health communities.
- In the early days of the epidemic, the infectious-disease experts told health-care workers that they could not get AIDS through needlesticks or from contact with the body fluids of an AIDS patient.
- The public was told by the experts that blood transfusions did not pass on the virus. Dr. Day writes: “It took 14,000-16,000 victims with HIV from transfusions to get the authorities to admit that death was being kept refrigerated and frozen in blood bank inventories and that, maybe, it was time to test.”[Lorraine Day, M.D., AIDS: What the Government Isn’t Telling You]
- Through sex/AIDS education courses, the government is telling children and teens that latex condoms will protect them. Yet research shows that 30 percent of tested condoms allowed the AIDS virus to be transmitted.
- The government says students can’t be infected through contact sports, such as football or basketball, yet, two soccer players were recently infected through blood injuries incurred in competition.
- The government says children can’t catch AIDS by coming into contact with saliva, sweat, or tears. But Dr. Day cites a U.S. government study that shows the HIV virus can live outside the body in air and water.
Researchers have documented a case in which the AIDS virus was passed from one child to another living in the same house. Sexual intercourse and contaminated hypodermic needles, the usual modes of transmission of the AIDS virus were ruled out in this case. “AIDS virus passed between children,” THE WICHITA EAGLE, December 5, 1993.
Homosexual activists have repeatedly tried to turn the attention from themselves and blame the spread of AIDS on just about anything else. However, the facts remain…
Over 75 percent of AIDS infections result from homosexual activity or drug use and only two percent result from blood transfusions.
A study of 5,200 obituaries over five years, in 16 homosexual newspapers, plus dozens of other studies, show that homosexual conduct reduces life expectancy by 30 years.
- The average age of homosexual men dying with AIDS is 39.
- The average age of gays dying of all other causes is 41.
- Only one percent of men who practice homosexual sex lives to be 65 or older.
- Gay men are three times more likely to have alcohol or drug abuse problems. This leads to an increase in heart, lung and liver failure as well as an increase in accidental deaths.
- Homosexuals are 14 times more likely to have had syphilis, and 23 times more likely to contract venereal diseases and thousands of times more likely to contract AIDS.
- Lesbians are 19 times more likely than heterosexual women to have had syphilis; twice as likely to suffer from genital warts; and four times as likely to have scabies.
- In San Francisco, America’s most openly gay city, the rate of infectious Hepatitus A is twice the national average.
- Their suicide rate is 60 times as high as the general population.
- The ratio of homosexual men murdered (one in 200 deaths) was 50 times that of the general population.
There is only one safe way to remain healthy in the midst of a sexual revolution. It is to abstain from intercourse until marriage, and then wed and be faithful to an uninfected partner. It is a concept that was widely endorsed in society until the 1960s. Since then, a “better idea” has come along … one that now threatens the entire human family.
- In 1993, every Federal employee was required to receive comprehensive education on AIDS/HIV.
- The Social Security Administration expanded the list of conditions that are considered in determining eligibility due to HIV/AIDS. The agency also revised its rules to allow health professionals to provide information to Social Security field offices, which then can make immediate disability findings.
- Public health spending for HIV/AIDS programs has steadily increased as has increases for Ryan White CARE programs and for AIDS-related research.
- A total of 14 Medicaid State waivers are in place, allowing States to provide targeted home and community-based services to people with HIV/AIDS. In 1994, those programs served an estimated 21,170 individuals. HHS also is developing prototype waivers to help other States gain quick approval.
- HUD’s Housing Opportunities for People with AIDS (HOPWA) program has provided $300 million for housing assistance to people with HIV/AIDS. HUD also has established the National Office of HIV/AIDS Housing to assist low income people with HIV/AIDS to pay for housing and will distribute 5,000 Section 8 housing assistance vouchers.
AIDS is the first disease in history to be endowed with civil rights by the government.
Health laws prevent anyone with such diseases as hepatitus from working in a restaurant, yet those with AIDS may do so. To bar them, which common sense would demand, is forbidden as “discrimination,” even though it means sure death to those who, as a result of this insane policy, may accidentally contract the HIV virus.
In the first HIV-discrimination case brought by the federal government, an administrative law judge ruled that a hospital can’t restrict the work of a pharmacist infected with the virus that causes acquired immune deficiency syndrome. The hospital sought to bar the HIV-infected pharmacist from preparing intravenous solutions for patients. Applying the heaviest sanctions under the law the judge ruled hospitals that discriminate against HIV infected employees face a cutoff of all federal funding, including Medicaid and Medicare reimbursements.
The cornerstone of public health’s effort to deal with venereal disease historically has been reportability in confidence to local health authorities and then contact tracing for those that are infected. But the homosexual network in America has such clout that in effect they’ve stood the health care systems in many of the states on their head, which has prevented this policy of reportability and contact tracing for HIV carriers.
Long before 1985, when AIDS researcher Robert Gallo patented the HIV antibody blood test, gay activists and leaders of the AIDS lobby began to demand that the tests only be used to test blood bank specimens rather than used to screen the general population. Members of the AIDS lobbies then convinced state legislators to enact laws prohibiting identification of those infected with HIV. They convinced lawmakers to make a distinction between HIV infection and AIDS, the end-stage of infection.
Since HIV infection was not considered an infectious disease, like AIDS, it did not need to be traced or reported to the CDC like AIDS had been since 1981. Consequently, laws were passed in every state prohibiting doctors without written or informed consent from routinely using HIV blood tests and reporting test results to health officials.
In 1985, California passed a law which fined physicians up to $10,000 plus a year in prison if they violated confidentiality in regards to a patient testing positive for HIV. This meant, for example, that no doctor could alert any of his staff about a patient’s HIV status prior to surgery or treatment without breaking the law.
The AIDS crisis is supported by an entire movement that has taken a disease that could have been controlled by normal health standards and, by politicizing it, made it into a killer epidemic. Because it was the homosexual community which brought it to crisis proportions and because of the misinformation the homosexual lobby has persuaded the government and media to disseminate – AIDS enjoys a status never before granted to a highly contagious and deadly disease. Incredibly, instead of being treated like the fatal plague it is, AIDS has become a civil right that gives those carrying it a privileged status and even the prerogative to keep their infection secret.
It is absolutely contrary to common sense to say that a virus has civil rights, but that’s what the government has done. So we are treating a deadly disease differently from any other pandemic in history and denying the magnitude of the contagion involved for fear of offending the delicate sensibilities of those who suffer from it. Instead of following medically approved practices for limiting exposure and warning others of potential risks, we are allowing it to spread throughout the population.
Dr. Lorraine Day says, “Our public health agencies were set up by your money and my money to track and control contagious diseases and to protect the uninfected. With this disease, it is the other way around.”[Lorraine Day, M.D., AIDS: What the Government Isn’t Telling You]
It seems the government has been more concerned about being “politically correct” with gay sensitivities and appeasing certain interest groups than telling the medical truth and protecting the public.