There is a growing pattern of wickedness and lawlessness dominating our society today that throughout history was found in civilizations in the process of decline. It is a pattern evident in nations that rejected God’s Word as ultimate authority in their lives and is a pattern prevailing in many Americans today.
Scripture tells us that…
Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold. – Matthew 24:12
I believe America’s rejection of Christ’s lordship is the reason behind all the bloodshed, violence, racial hatred, moral decay, drug abuse and outbreak of deadly sexual diseases in our society. Lawmakers, educators and the media have made God an unspeakable subject. Even in prisons, there is a ban on religious mottos, including the ten commandments. Even worse, many of our churches no longer exalt Christ as Lord and king.
Rejection of God’s Word
Because man has rejected the truth of God’s Word, he has been given over to a reprobate mind that seeks self-gratification over responsibility to others.
Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator–who is forever praised. Amen. Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them. – Romans 1:24-32
It’s the false teaching of Antinomianism that teaches since faith alone is necessary for salvation, one is free from the moral obligations of the law.
Typically, Antinomianism considers that law and freedom are opposed, that law is a restrictive mechanism, a product of a civilization and therefore opposed to the free exercise of natural instincts. That is why antinomianism and naturalism, as Arnold Toynbee pointed out, are twin manifestations of the same movement. The New Testament declares that this distaste for law will lead, not to the promised freedom, but to slavery (2 Pet. 2:19).
Lawlessness Abounding in America
Even our national leaders now model this behavior, evident in the scandalous sexual behavior of President Clinton followed by a widespread acceptance of his adulterous sin by the American public. Years later presidential candidate, Donald Trump, seemed to get a free pass when it came to his behavior toward women. And we are seeing the results of that reprobate mind with the increase in homosexuality, lesbianism, abortion, euthanasia, drugs, crime, rebelliousness in youth, and every evil imagined by the heart of man.
America’s system of justice has also become lawless and some of the country’s three letter agencies are violating our Constitution and turning justice on its head. The FBI has become a criminal organization involved in lying to Congress, lying to FISA judges, perjury, and setting people up. For example, nearly every foiled terrorist plot uncovered by the FBI in recent years was planned and financed by the FBI using a patsy as the fall guy when they made arrests, giving the false impression to the American people they were being effective in fighting terrorism. The CIA is perhaps one of the larger drug trafficking syndicates eclipsing the Mexican drug cartels.
Since September 11, 2001 America has entered the dark side and the Babylonian spirit of lawlessness has overtaken the country. Prior to 9/11, America was different. A few days after the 9/11 attacks, Vice President Dick Cheney appeared on NBC’s Meet the Press, where he said, “We also have to work, though, sort of the dark side, if you will.”
- Before 9/11, America was generally at peace and seen by the world as “a shining city upon a hill”.
- We did not have Homeland Security.
- We did not have an Iraq war pre-emptively waged against an enemy that had not attacked us.
- Before 9/11, we did not have the Guantanamo Bay detention camp operated by the United States government illegally holding detainees indefinitely and using controversial interrogation techniques.
- We began to torture people including waterboarding.
- Before 9/11, we did not have Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq with human rights violations in the form of physical, psychological, and sexual abuse, including torture, reports of rape, sodomy, and homicide of prisoners committed by military police personnel of the United States Army together with additional US governmental agencies.
- The Patriot Act was passed, significantly reducing restrictions in law enforcement agencies’ gathering of intelligence within the United States; expanded the Secretary of the Treasury’s authority to regulate financial transactions; and broadened the discretion of law enforcement and immigration authorities in detaining and deporting immigrants suspected of terrorism-related acts. The act also expanded the definition of terrorism to include domestic terrorism, thus enlarging the number of activities to which the USA PATRIOT Act’s expanded law enforcement powers can be applied.
- The National Defense Authorization Act was passed, placing domestic terror investigations and interrogations into the hands of the military and which opened the door for trial-free, indefinite detention of anyone, including American citizens, so long as the government calls them terrorists.
- The Constitution was trashed and Posse Comitatus was abandoned.
- American citizens are now routinely surveiled by government agencies monitoring their voice and email communications.
Following the events of 9/11, the foreign policy of America changed and the spirit of Babylon erupted.
Another disturbing trend is the increasing violence surrounding what should be peaceful protests.
Militant protesters on both sides of the debate are arriving at what should be a nonviolent protest armed with sticks and guns, bleach bottles, balloons filled with feces and urine and improvised flamethrowers, and the law enforcement agencies stand by and allow it.
In 2020, Americans once again hit the streets to protest the death of a man in police custody. Instead of peaceful protest, outside agitators hijacked the protests and turned to violence and destruction. These violent actors were not protesting racism; instead they were instigating wanton violence against society and promoting the destruction of our republic. Black Lives Matter is a Maoist front group wanting to topple our government of laws and replace it with the power of force. Do as we say or we’ll hurt you.
Tucker: Our leaders dither as our cities burn (GRAPHIC VIDEO)
Democrat politicians and the mainstream media covered for the violence and destruction all summer, calling it peaceful protest. On the day President Joe Biden was inaugurated, Marxist mobs again took to the streets in Portland, Seattle, Denver and other cities chanting “We don’t want Biden. We want revenge…” I suspect President Biden’s “dark winter” will be more violence and destruction at the hands of those wanting to topple our government.
I suspect in the coming weeks and months we will see an increase in the unrestricted warfare (political, economic, and information) develop against Christians, conservatives, patriots, and followers of Donald Trump and everything in his orbit. Watch for the following:
- Publishing of lists of Trump administration officials, donors, and supporters, including personal information such as home addresses
- Planned boycotts of companies that hire former Trump administration officials
- Pressure against companies to not hire former Trump administration officials
- Boycotts of companies that make political donations to Republicans who opposed the election certification
- Banning of dozens of high profile, Trump supporting social media accounts
- Initial claims by the Justice Department that Capitol protesters sought to “capture and assassinate elected officials,” which was later withdrawn due to a lack of evidence.
- FBI warnings of wide scale violence repeated breathlessly by the media, but never materializes.
- Calls for the IRS to investigate and disqualify tax exempt political groups present at the Capitol protest
- Calls for a “USA PATRIOT Act 2.0” to combat domestic right wing extremism
- Legislation entitled “Insurrection Financing Transparency Act,” which would force the disclosure of ownership information of private companies alleged to have given money to tax exempt political groups at the Capitol protest.
- Calls for Facebook to expand de-platforming of “domestic terror networks,” and the encouraged hiring a full-time executive to counter extremism on the social media platform.
- Cancellation of data hosting services for Parler and others, and continued campaigns to prevent use of the social media site.
- Leaking and/or hacking of data on Parler databases, and the exploitation to expose personal information such as geolocation data and potentially images of driver’s licenses.
- Calls for “de-programming” and “re-education” efforts against Trump supporters.
- Calls for a new domestic security agency to track right wing domestic terror groups.
- Calls for the Federal Communications Commission to counter broadcast outlets like Fox News, Newsmax, and OAN.
- Pressure against cable and data companies to drop FoxNews, Newsmax, and OAN.
- Pundit and “expert” comparisons of Trump supporters to Al-Qaeda and Islamic State terrorists, feeding further fear and needless agitation.
Yes, it will be a dark winter… and more. The dark rulers, powers, forces of darkness, and spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places (Ephesians 6:12) have been embolden and are about to unleash unspeakable evil on humanity.
A Judgment from God
When I shall send upon them the evil arrows of famine, which shall be for their destruction, and which I will send to destroy you: and I will increase the famine upon you, and will break your staff of bread: So will I send upon you famine and evil beasts, and they shall bereave thee; and pestilence and blood shall pass through thee; and I will bring the sword upon thee. I the LORD have spoken it. – Exekiel 5:16-17
As my friend Nathan Leal points out, the mass suicide shootings and murder we are witnessing throughout America and the world is part of the fourfold judgment of God upon America. The displays of senseless violence, murder, and mayhem we have witnessed in recent years is part of that fourfold judgment upon America. God is allowing a new phase of demonic activity upon this country, and it is going to continue to escalate in the coming years as God continues to judge our nation.
The national corporate owned fake news media sanitizes its coverage of the vile acts occurring in our society and only reports on a very few of them. Vast numbers of senseless acts of violence go unreported because their reality would be too graphic for a national audience.
On the other hand, Hollywood is more than happy to dramatize the satanic inspired violence to satiate the desires of a wayward populace. The recent popularity of “zombie” themed programming may actually be more prophetic than many realize of a coming “zombie apocalypse” of evil beasts released on the land.
The Spirit of lawlessness breaking out across America has spread to younger age groups. Teenagers have lost all respect for authority – they are becoming hard-hearted, sensual and violent.
Death in the Schoolyard
What would motivate an 11 and 13 year-old to take up a weapon and murder their fellow students?
Was it the availability of guns? Or maybe an overabundance of violence produced in Hollywood? Or was it the environment these children were raised in? Or perhaps could it be part of the fourfold judgment of God?
“The increases in violence we’re observing are among very young people and they are very dramatic,” said Glenn Pierce, the director of Northeastern’s Center for Applied Social Research. This crime wave isn’t confined to inner-city neighborhoods in large urban areas. Cities with populations of 25,000 saw a 40 percent increase in homicides – the same as cities 10 times their size. The Washington Post concluded, “While the severity of actions range from simple cheating at school to pushing drugs, to cold-blooded murders … the depth of the problem has reached a point where common decency can no longer be described as common. Somewhere, somehow … the traditional value system got disconnected for a disturbing number of America’s next generation.”
- In New York City a 16 year-old boy was shot and killed by his 15 year-old best friend. The 15 year-old killed him and then stole the coat and shoes from the corpse. Worst of all, the teenage killer had no feeling of remorse.
- Another 15 year-old boy sprayed bullets around the parking lot of a convenience store, killing a teenage boy. When questioned later, he had not even a tinge of guilt or sorrow. Instead, he displayed hatred and a desire to do it all over again if he had the opportunity. He had no remorse whatsoever.
- 14-year-old Marcy Conrad of Milpitas, California, had been raped, strangled to death, and left lying off the road in the hills outside of town. According to the local paper, at least 13 students went out to look at her body. One girl picked up the murdered girl’s jeans, cut off a patch, and threw the jeans down along the side of the road. One student tried to cover the body with leaves. Another took his eight-year-old brother along to see the body. One boy went twice. Those who saw the body went back to class or to the pinball arcade. One went home to bed. Another student said he only cared about collecting the marijuana cigarette he had won on a bet that the body was real. As the newspaper reported: “The shock is the shock of the of the encounter with icy indifference, the indifference of the kids in the first instance, but much more importantly, of the culture that produced them… The depersonalization did not begin yesterday; it is not unique to this moment, yet it seems more complete – and they seem more alienated and isolated – than we have ever known before.”
- 14-year-old Tanisha Lee was stabbed in a hallway fight at Wichita’s East High School and later died.
- In 2016, homicides in Chicago IL jumped to their highest level since 1996, when 796 were recorded, according to historical data from the Chicago Police Department. Chicago saw 3,550 shooting incidents and 762 murders in 2016, an average of more than two murders and nearly 10 shootings every single day. 2016 totals represents a 57 percent increase over 2015, the biggest spike in murders in Chicago in 60 years, according to the Associated Press.
The problem is not isolated only to the United States. Urban violence is exploding in countries around the world. In the rapidly growing cities of Latin America and Asia, in European capitals freeing themselves from years of communist rule, and in societies in the throes of political and social change in Africa and the Middle East, millions of people have been frightened and angered by a seemingly boundless wave of bloodshed. As in the United States, criminals abroad are increasingly armed with sophisticated weapons and police are out-manned; increasingly too there is despair over the inability of political leaders to stop the killing.
Public order has disappeared in “the new South Africa.” Crime is rampant. In Cape Town, a serious crime occurs every 17 seconds. Police have 1,227,047 unsolved cases under review, according to Crime Investigation Services divisional chief Johan le Rous. It is increasingly dangerous in South Africa to own a nice car since roving gangs of unemployed thugs surround nice cars at intersections, drag the driver and passengers out, beat them brutally, then drive off with the car – just for a wild “joy ride” in which the car is vandalized or wrecked.
People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God– having a form of godliness but denying its power. – 2 Timothy 3:2-5
The Apostle Paul said that in the last days man would be “brutal.” The Greek, ‘anemeros’ literally means “untamed, savage, or brutal.” He also said that the last days man would be not be lovers of the good – possibly better translated as “haters of the good.”
Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them. – Romans 1:28-32
Our city streets have become asphalt jungles. Many of them are unsafe even in the daytime. Gang violence has increased, drive-by shootings and other random violence have become standard fare as people have become more brutal.
Because we have rejected objective truth and the foundation of all that is good, we no longer even know the difference between good and evil. Our consciences have been so seared we are no longer offended by evil but tolerate it.
Since virtually all perverted behavior people engage in is now categorized under “natural behavior,” a door is now opened for more wicked sins. Just thirty years ago we would have been appalled, even outraged, by the decadence and debauchery that daily fills our streets, TV shows, movie screens, music and art, video games, businesses, and political bodies. But today we rarely give it a second thought. In fact, we often give it our approval, or a least fail to speak out against it. We have gotten used to it all, even though it is not a good thing to get used to.
Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan wrote in the American Scholar, “The amount of deviant behavior in American society has increased beyond the levels the community can ‘afford to recognize’ and that, accordingly, we have been re-defining deviancy so as to except much conduct previously stigmatized, and also quietly raising the ‘normal’ level in categories where behavior is now abnormal by any earlier standard.” [Daniel Patrick Moynihan, “Defining Deviancy Down,” American Scholar, Winter 1993, pg. 17.]
As a society, we have gotten used to illicit sexual relationships, adolescent promiscuity, abortion, cheating, lying, stealing, prostitution, rape, divorce, and even murder. We have gotten used to financial mismanagement on both civil and personal levels. We have accepted political corruption. We have rejected personal and social responsibility and learned to blame anyone or anything else for our problems and failures. We have traded in our infinitely valued divine image for a nickel-plated pagan shrine erected in honor of self-interest, immorality, and social apathy. The American ideal today is me first to do what I want, when I want, to whom I want, regardless of who or what it may hurt. These are the signs of a society gone wrong. [Keith A. Fournier, “Re-Civilizing America,” Law & Justice, February 1994.]
Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter. – Isaiah 5:20