America’s gravitation toward socialism has been long-term as we have witnessed over the past 100 years an increasingly dramatic swing from capitalism to socialism in many areas of our economy.
Fabian Socialism was organized in England in 1884 to spread socialistic principles gradually without violent agitation. “The Fabian Society proposes then to conquer by delay; to carry its programme, not by a hasty rush, but through the slower, but, as it thinks, surer methods of patient discussion, exposition, and political action.” [William Clarke]
Notice the image on the Fabian Society coat of arms… a wolf in sheep’s clothing.
- In 1913, the Federal Reserve was created in a coup d’état that resulted in rewriting the Constitution of the United States and left the American people with a progressively declining dollar. Today, thanks to the actions of this central bank, the American dollar is worth about 4 cents.
Ron Paul on Socialism, Inflationism and the Death of the Dollar
- America took large steps toward Socialism in 1929 following the Stock Market Crash, when America suddenly needed a “New Deal” in the form of social welfare. The national debt began to skyrocket and is now on a exponential growth trend to bankruptcy within a matter of years.
- In 1968, Congress removes the silver backing of the dollar, and in 1971, President Nixon repudiates redemption of Federal Reserve Notes in gold, thus turning the FRNs into a fiat currency internationally for the first time.
- Consider for example the massive transfer of wealth from tobacco growers and cigarette manufacturers into state and federal coffers.
- In the pockets of the drug manufacturing cartel, representatives from both sides of the isle forced through a stealth vote, passing a Prescription Drug bill called, “Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act” that essentially guaranteed huge profits for Big Pharma at the expense of the American people.A key point of this bill prohibits the Federal government from negotiating discounts with drug companies. This Medicare drug plan fiasco enriches pharmaceutical companies, fleeces taxpayers, and forces millions of older Americans to accept inferior drug coverage. Many representatives who voted in favor of this drug scam were later offered million dollar jobs from the pharmaceutical industry.
- In 2008, the Bush administration, along with Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke and U.S. Treasury Secretary Paulson launched their attack on the free market system in America with their socialist takeover of the financial systems. The so-called Paulson Plan transfers $700 billion or more of taxpayer money into the hands of international bankers. Further, the U.S. Federal government forced the nations largest banks to sell an equity stake in their businesses to the government. Make no mistake about it… this economic crisis was planned by the same International bankers that have planned previous economic crisis that brought about a central bank and unconstitutional taxes in the U.S.
Goldman Sachs socialism
Economist Milton Friedman recently observed that “in 1950, total government spending, federal, state, and local, amounted to less than 30 percent of national income; in 1992, to nearly 45. In addition, government-mandated expenditures by individuals and businesses have multiplied manifold… The U.S. is today more than half socialist, compared to perhaps a third in 1950.” [Rush Limbaugh, See, I Told You So, pg. 267.]
The rate of the transformation has been increased in recent years by the United Nations, whose entire purpose is to implement a Socialist New World Order. We have crossed Bill Clinton’s “Bridge into the 21st Century” built on the crumbled moorings of the past. It is the same bridge built by the “New Deal” of FDR and the “Great Society” of LBJ. These bridges led us in the past to the abyss of unprecedented big government. Our American toll was a loss of freedom and dignity, and our destination decades of encroaching bureaucracy and generations addicted to the hand of government.
There are the social and political voices talking about the unfair distribution of wealth and resources – that a global system of sharing and redistribution could remedy the social problems of cross-national envy, and that if this were addressed, a major component of international strife and war would be removed forever.
Traditionally, Democrats have stood for big government, far-reaching federally controlled and federally funded programs and taxation at levels to match, and Barack Obama promised the same. He called for Americans to “spread the wealth around” in his socialist vision for America.
Originally created to defend and protect, our government is now being asked to provide. In short, many Americans today think the government must be the answer to all societal problems. And as the problems grow, so must the government.
In the simplest of terms, Socialists at every level of government are calling for the federal government takeover of the management of American business, health care, education and the American family. They envision much more than mere renewal or reform; they want to create an entirely new society controlled by a massive Socialist government.
Ludwig von Mises wrote: “On the other hand the application of the basic ideas of collectivism cannot result in anything but social disintegration and the perpetuation of armed conflict. It is true that every variety of collectivism promises eternal peace starting with the day of its own decisive victory and the final overthrow and extermination of all other ideologies and their supporters. … As soon as a faction has succeeded in winning the support of the majority of citizens and thereby attained control of the government machine, it is free to deny to the minority all those democratic rights by means of which it itself has previously carried on its own struggle for supremacy.” [The Fallacy of Collectivism]