The American taxpayer is expected to shoulder a major portion of the risk for BigPharma in developing vaccines while those multi-national corporations stand to reap $Billions in profits.
The 2005 Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act (PREPA) signed by President Bush put in place a tort liability shield intended to protect vaccine manufacturers from financial risk in the event of a declared public health emergency.
- PREPA removes financial risk barriers for any new vaccines and provides liability protections for drug companies.
- It removes the right to a jury trial for persons injured by a covered vaccine, unless a plaintiff can provide clear evidence of willful misconduct that resulted in death or serious physical injury.
- In the event of an emergency declared by HHS, Federal law would preempt all state provisions related to pandemic emergency preparedness, and would supersede any state provision governing vaccines.
- PREPA applies to any drug, vaccine, or biological product that the HHS secretary deems a “covered countermeasure,” or that the secretary decides is a public health situation that could become an emergency at some point in the future, whether or not there is a specific relationship to a dangerous pandemic or bioterrorism.
PREPA was designed specifically to encourage rapid production of vaccines to protect American citizens in case of a potential public health threat. I agree that we want to encourage businesses to develop cutting edge products but we should do that in a safe way for the population. Allowing these companies to sell products that do harm is the wrong message in my opinion.
Something that people should know about Covid-19 vaccines is they fall today under the PREP Act which came into being after 9/11 and after the Anthrax scare, and this law gives virtually blanket liability protection. It’s basically impossible to get any kind of compensation if you’re injured. PREPA removes the right to a jury trial for persons injured by a covered vaccine, unless a plaintiff can provide clear evidence of willful misconduct that resulted in death or serious physical injury. If you take Covid-19 vaccines you are absolutely on your own. If you’re permanently injured, if you lose your job, if your health care expenses go through the roof… tough luck.
Health risks of planned Covid-19 vaccine.
These vaccines are being rushed to market in what President Trump calls “Operation Warp Speed” (OWS). It’s good the president eliminated many time consuming worthless regulations allowing faster development. But, they have skipped normal scientific inquiry such as doing animal trials as with any vaccine development. OWS sets up a public/private partnership to use the country’s population as guinea pigs for unlicensed, understudied, and experimental vaccine technologies.
“I think one of the things we’re going to have to realize is that all of these vaccines are going to be reactogenic…. They’re all going to be associated with reactions,” said Kathryn Edwards, scientific director of the Vanderbilt Vaccine Research Program in Nashville, Tenn.
- One of the volunteers who received the highest dose in the Moderna Phase 1 clinical trial, ended up seeking medical care after he spiked a fever of 103 Fahrenheit 12 hours after getting a second dose of the vaccine.
- Half of patients who got the highest dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine — which like Moderna’s is a messenger RNA vaccine — reported side effects including fever and sleep disturbances.
- The Oxford University-AstraZeneca vaccine saw adverse events reported by 60% of recipients in its early phase trial. .An internal safety report by pharmaceutical giant AstraZeneca in its coronavirus vaccine clinical trial details how one study volunteer, a previously healthy 37-year-old woman, “experienced confirmed transverse myelitis” after receiving her second dose of the vaccine, and was hospitalized on September 5.
We have no way to understand the long-term effects of these vaccines. Some of the proposed rDNA vaccines from Moderna and Pfizer modify your DNA and as such, will be passed along the human chain through your children’s DNA.
Instead of allowing persons injured by vaccines to sue drug manufacturers, the Office of Special Masters of the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, popularly known as “vaccine court“, administers a no-fault system for litigating vaccine injury claims. These claims against vaccine manufacturers cannot normally be filed in state or federal civil courts, but instead must be heard in the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, sitting without a jury.
The National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP or NVICP) was established by the 1986 National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act (NCVIA), passed by the United States Congress in response to a threat to the vaccine supply due to a 1980s scare over the DPT vaccine. Despite the belief of most public health officials that claims of side effects were unfounded, large jury awards had been given to some plaintiffs, most DPT vaccine makers had ceased production.