The Council on Foregin Relations was founded on July 29, 1921 in New York City by Col. Edward Mandell House, chief adviser to President Woodrow Wilson. The founders included many of those who had been at the signing of the Treaty of Versailles after World War I, including Colonel Edward House and Walter Lippmann.
Finances for the CFR came from the same players that set up the Federal Reserve System in America: J.P. Morgan; John D. Rockefeller; Bernard Baruch; Paul Warburg; Otto Kahn; and Jacob Schiff. Through its membership, meetings, and studies, it has been called the most powerful agent of United States foreign policy outside the State Department.
The Council on Foreign Relations is the American branch of a society which originated in England … [and] … believes national boundaries should be obliterated and one-world rule established. – Carroll Quigley
The CFR’s Study No. 7, published November 25, 1959, openly declared its true purpose: “…building a New International Order [which] must be responsive to world aspirations for peace, [and] for social and economic change…an international order [code for world government]…including states labeling themselves as ‘Socialist.'”
One could safely say that a nutshell descriptor of the CFR is “to bring about a New World Order through the manipulation of U.S. foreign policy and relations and through international economic interdependence.”
The CFR is a serpentine network of international revolutionaries and fascist ideologues whose goal is to end American sovereignty and bring about a global, Marxist paradise. House, a socialist, wrote in his book, Philip Dru: Administrator, that he was working for “Socialism as dreamed of by Karl Marx.” He told of a “conspiracy” which would gain control of both political parties, and use them as instruments in the creation of a socialist world government. (John McManus, The Insiders, pg. 7.)
Many of its own members admit the CFR goal is to subvert the democratic process.
CFR member and Judge Advocate General of the US Navy Admiral Chester Ward writes “The main purpose of the (CFR) is promoting the disarmament of US sovereignty and national dependence and submergence into and all powerful, one world government.”. This high ranking military officer went on to explain their procedures for influencing policy, claiming: “Once the ruling members of the CFR shadow government have decided that the US government should adopt a particular policy, the very substantial research facilities of the CFR are put to work to develop arguments, intellectual and emotional, to support the new policy and to confound and discredit, intellectually and politically, any opposition.”.
CFR Membership Roster
The roster of CFR members is thoroughly impressive – so are the power groups who have representatives in it. Its current membership, all 2905 of them, is like reading a “who’s who” of the elite politicians (both Democrat and Republican), media, financiers, businessmen, and educators.
Nearly every U.S. President since its inception has been a CFR member including: George Bush, Bill Clinton, Jimmy Carter, Gerald Ford, Richard Nixon, John F. Kennedy, Dwight Eisenhower, and Herbert Hoover.
- Bill Clinton: former president of the United States, also a member of David Rockefeller’s Bilderberger group and was in 1992 the only State Governor listed in the membership roll of the Trilateral Commission.
From the CFR comes 90% of the people in the State Department and key positions in the Executive Branch.
- Lieutenant General H.R. McMaster as President Trump’s National Security Adviser
- Judge Neil Gorsuch, nominated by Trump for the Supreme Court
- Obama Treasury Secretary, Timothy Geithner: Senior Fellow in International Economics at the CFR, Bilderberger, former head of the New York Federal Reserve, and former employee of both the IMF and Kissinger Associates.
- Donald Rumsfeld
- Colin L. Powell United States Army (Ret.)
- Dick Cheney
- Robert E. Rubin Co-Chairman; Director and Chairman of the Executive Committee, Citigroup, Inc.
- Madeleine K. Albright: former Secretary of State, a former Georgetown University professor, United Nations Ambassador. She is also a member of the Trilateral Commission.
- Warren Christopher: former Secetary of State; CFR Vice Chairman
- Robert Reich: former Secretary of Labor (also TC and Rhodes scholar)
- George Stephanopoulous: former Clinton Communications Director (also Rhodes scholar)
- Clifton Wharton: Deputy Secretary of State
- Peter Tarnoff: Under Secretary for Political Affairs (Current President of CFR – also TC)
- Winston Lord: Assistant Secretary of State for East Asian and Pacific Affairs; (past President of CFR – also TC)
- Vernon Jordan: Clinton transition boss (also TC)
- Lloyd Bentsen: former Secretary of Treasury
- Admiral William Crow, Jr.: Head of the Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board (also TC)
- Anthony Lake: National Security Advisor
- Samuel Berger: Deputy National Security Advisor
- Les Aspin: Secretary of Defense
- Donna Shalala: Secretary of Health and Human Services. An influential member of the CFR and the Trilateral Commission, Shalala chaired the CFR committee which set the New World Order agenda for Africa.
- Bruce Babbitt: Secretary of Interior (also TC)
- Ron Brown: Secretary of Commerce
- James Woolsey: CIA Director (also Rhodes scholar)
- Roger Altman: Deputy Secretary of Treasury
- Henry Cisneros: Secretary of Housing and Urban Development (also TC)
- Robert Rubin: National Economic Council; Soviet Investment Expert
- Dr. Jocelyn Elders: former Surgeon General
- John Gibbons: White House Science Advisor
- Alice Rivlin: Deputy Budget Director. She is also a member of both the CFR and Trilateral Commission.
- Laura Tyson – Chairman of the Council of Economic Advisors is a former Berkeley professor and is a fan of Stalin’s communist economy.
- Johnnetta Cole – Clinton transition coordinator for education, arts, labor and humanities.
- W. Bowman Cutter: National Economic Council Deputy Assistant (also Rhodes scholar).
- Nancy Soderberg: National Security Council Staff Director.
- Ira Magaziner: Senior Adviser for Policy Development (also Rhodes scholar).
- Bruce Reed: Domestic Policy Council Deputy Assistant (also Rhodes scholar).
- Mike Espy: Agriculture Secretary (also served on the Rhodes Scholarship Selection Committee).
Many influential political figures also litter the roster of CFR membership. Dr. Carroll Quigley wrote in “Tragedy and Hope”, “The chief problem of American political life …has been how to make the two Congressional parties more national and international. The argument that the two parties should represent opposed ideals and policies, one, perhaps, of the Right and the other of the Left, is a foolish idea acceptable only to doctrinaire and academic thinkers. Instead, the two parties should be almost identical, so that the American people can ‘throw the rascals out’ at any election without leading to any profound or extensive shifts in policy.”
- Newt Gingrich is a candidate for the Republican nomination in the 2012 U.S. presidential election. He served as the Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives from 1995 to 1999 and represented Georgia’s 6th congressional district as a Republican from 1979 until his resignation in 1999. Gingrich informally advised Defense secretary Donald Rumsfeld on strategic issues, on issues including the Israeli–Palestinian conflict and encouraging the Pentagon to not “yield” foreign policy influence to the State Department and National Security Council. [Al Kamen (March 4, 2011). “Wordly advice to Rumsfeld, from Gingrich, Wolfowitz & Co.”. The Washington Post. Retrieved March 8, 2011.] He was also frequently a contributor on the Fox News Channel, appearing as a guest on various segments and also hosted occasional specials on the Rupert owned Fox News Channel.
- Christine Todd Whitman: former governor of New Jersey
- Olympia Snow
- John Chafee: U.S. Senator
- Christopher Dodd: U.S. Senator
- Joseph Lieberman: U.S. Senator
- Representative Thomas Foley: Former Speaker of the House of Representatives (also TC)
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg, U.S. Supreme Court
International banking organizations that currently have men in the CFR include Kuhn, Loeb & Co; Lazard Freres (directly affiliated with Rothschild); Dillon Read; Lehman Bros.; Goldman, Sachs; Chase Manhattan Bank; Morgan Guaranty Bank; Brown Bors. Harriman; First National City Bank; Chemical Bank & Trust; and Manufacturers Hanover Trust Bank. The CFR is totally interlocked with the major foundations (Rockefeller, Ford, Carnegie) and the so-called think tanks (Rand, Hudson Institute, Brookings Institute). The left has been systematically infiltrating wealthy and powerful tax-free foundations and government agencies where taxpayers’ funds would begin to pour out to support the liberal agenda at home and abroad.
- Strobe Talbott: Aid Coordinator to the commonwealth of Indepenent States (also TC)
- Henry S. Bienen President, Northwestern University
- Tom Brokaw, NBC News
- Diane Sawyer, ABC News
- Katie Couric, ABC, NBC, CBS, Yahoo News
- Karen Elliott House: Former senior vice president of Dow Jones & Company and publisher of the Wall Street Journal.
- George Soros
- Rick Warren
The CFR’s Annual Report in 1974 says the project for the CFR in the ’80’s will be “The management of the International economy, global poverty, environment and the new “common”… the oceans, the seabeds, and space, and interstate violence, including arms control. What they are saying is “The management of your money, your land, your groceries, and your guns.”
In 1975, the Rockefeller Foundation Report discusses the “Interdependence” of the countries of the world on each other. That we are of one world and shall become a nation state world under one government. They also say, we must reach a zero state population growth. The Rockefeller Foundation stated that they have in excess of 747 million dollars to achieve this with.
In Jason Bermas’ film, Invisible Empire is all conspiracy and no theory – proving beyond doubt how the elite have openly conspired to insidiously rule the globe via the engines of the CFR, the United Nations, the Trilateral Commission, and the Bilderberg group.