Throughout their term in office, both Bill Clinton and Al Gore met with known criminals who either gave large amounts of money to the Democrats or were brought in by those giving huge sums of money to the Democrats.
There was also the appearance of foreign policy quid pro quos involving Indonesia, Paraguay, Guam, Vietnam and China. Even more disturbing are allegations of economic espionage, communist Chinese involvement in U.S. elections, and compromising U.S. national security – all in the name of helping the Democrats and securing Bill Clinton’s reelection.
There were about 70 Congressional witnesses who plead the Fifth Amendment right not to self-incriminate (or chosen to flee the country) in the Clinton-Gore dollars for political influence scam.
Bill Clinton and Al Gore have conspired with known criminals
Jorge Cabrera, a convicted felon from Florida, gave the DNC $20,000 and then attended a political reception in Miami at which Cabrera got his picture taken with Al Gore. Cabrera was soon invited to a December 1995 pre-Christmas event at the White House and was photographed with First Lady Hillary Rodham Clinton. The next month in January 1996, undercover agents arrested Cabrera with three tons of Colombian cocaine. Prior to Cabrera’s January arrest, he had been arrested twice on drug charges, and pleaded guilty to non-drug-related charges in both cases. Cabrera is serving a 19-year prison sentence. (The Detroit News, 2/16/97; Miami Herald, 1/19/97; The Washington Post, 10/20/96)
Yah Lin “Charlie” Trie, President Clinton’s longtime friend and a Democratic fund-raiser, was at the center of the 1996 campaign finance controversy and eventually plead guilty to two charges in his Arkansas trial (May 21, 1999). Trie plead guilty to a felony charge of causing false statements and a misdemeanor count of making political contributions in the names of others.
It was Charlie Trie who arranged for international Chinese weapons dealer, Wang Jun, chairman of CITIC, the chief investment arm of the PRC, and Poly Technologies (a “front company for the PRC military”) to meet with Mr. Clinton at a Democrat Party event at the White House on Feb. 6, 1996. CITIC Ka Wah Bank includes 28 branches in Hong Kong, a branch in Macau, a branch in Shanghai and its PRC-incorporated wholly-owned subsidiary, CITIC Ka Wah Bank (China) Limited, which is headquartered in Shenzhen with branches in Shanghai and Beijing. The Bank also has branches in New York and Los Angeles.
At the time Clinton met with Wang, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms and the Customs Service were wrapping up an investigation which caught Wang’s company smuggling at least $4 million worth of 2,000 illegal AK-47 assault weapons destined for gang members in California. President Clinton later admitted Wang’s attendance at the White House was “clearly inappropriate.”
Grigory Loutchansky, linked by Interpol to the Russian mafia, money laundering, drug trafficking, nuclear smuggling across the Baltics, and international arms trading, attended a Democrat Party White House dinner in October of 1993. Loutchansky got a private two-minute meeting and a picture with Mr. Clinton. (The Washington Times, 2/11/97; The Detroit News, 2/16/97; New York Post, 11/1/96; Time, 7/8/96) Loutchansky was invited back to a second DNC dinner in July 1995. A year before, Canada had blocked Loutchansky from entering Canada because he had failed a background check. Canadian officials also had questions about the source of Loutchansky’s Nordex company’s assets. (The Washington Times, 3/1/97) Both of Clinton’s CIA Directors James Woolsey and John Deutch described Loutchansky’s Nordex company as an “organization associated with Russian criminal activity.”
Eric Wynn, a twice-convicted securities promoter who pleaded guilty to stock manipulation that benefited a member of the Bonanno organized crime family and who served two years in prison for theft and tax charges, attended a December 1995 White House coffee with Clinton. In 1996, Wynn attended four other DNC fund-raising events involving Clinton. Wynn has been arrested five times during the last six months while out on bail for aggravated assault on a police officer, resisting arrest, aggravated assault with a motor vehicle, violation of a restraining order, terroristic threats and driving while intoxicated. At least one of the arrests occurred between DNC fund-raisers Wynn attended in 1996 with Clinton. (The Detroit News, 2/16/97; The Washington Post, 2/20/97; The Star-Ledger, 2/20/97)
Roger Tamraz, an international fugitive from Interpol, donated $177,000 to Democrats and the DNC through his companies and attended several White House dinners and coffees in 1995-1996. Tamraz is a former financier wanted, according to a 1989 Interpol warrant, in Lebanon for embezzling $200 million from his failed bank. On June 2, 1995, Tamraz was briefed by a National Security Council (NSC) expert on Russia at the same time he was negotiating a multibillion-dollar deal to build a pipeline from oil reserves from the Caspian Sea to Turkey through Azerbaijan and Armenia. On July 26, Tamraz contributed $20,000 to the DNC. After the meeting occurred, then-DNC Party Chairman Don Fowler called an NSC official to try to overturn a recommendation that Tamraz not attend high-level White House meetings. Tamraz went on to attend four more White House events with Clinton which included receptions, dinners and the premiere of the movie “Independence Day.” Tamraz, through his New York-based oil company, gave $50,000 to the DNC after going to a DNC sponsored White House reception on Sept. 11, 1995, and a dinner four days later. In October, Tamraz contributed another $100,000 at the direction of the DNC to the Virginia Democrat Party using his Tamoil Inc., company. Tamraz also had coffee with Gore on Oct. 5, 1995, and with Clinton on April 1, 1996.
- Russ Barakat, a south Florida Democrat Party official, was indicted on criminal charges just five days after his coffee meeting at the White House in April 1995. Ultimately, Barakat was convicted for tax evasion. A Florida newspaper was full of stories about Barakat’s problems with the law before his White House visit, but he was asked in for coffee anyway.
- Norman Hsu, pled guilty to a $20 billion Ponzi scheme that involved misleading investors about his contacts with key Democratic leaders. The former Democratic fundraiser was sentenced to more than 24 years in prison in 2009 by a judge who accused him of funding his fraud by manipulating the political process in a way that ‘strikes at the very core of our democracy.’ U.S. District Judge Victor Marrero sentenced the 58-year-old Hsu, who raised money for Hillary Rodham Clinton and others, to 20 years in prison for his guilty plea to fraud charges and another four years and four months in prison for his conviction at trial for breaking campaign finance laws. In typical Clinton style Hillary lies, claiming she did not have much contact with Norman Hsu and did not know about his background. However, jurors in Manhattan federal court heard a voicemail message from then-Senator Hillary Clinton to her former top fundraiser Norman Hsu. In the voicemail, Clinton was effusive in her praise of Hsu, suggesting she would win the Democratic presidential primary because he “single-handedly” would make it happen. Clinton said she had “lots of love” for him and that she had “never seen anybody who has been more loyal and more effective.”
- Chung Lo contributed $10,300 to the DNC. The bulk of the money was given in July 1996, the same month Ms. Lo was arrested on 14 counts of bank and mortgage fraud. Lo’s arrest came four days before she was to host a $400,000 Asian American fund-raiser featuring Clinton. The event was abruptly canceled. Lo was convicted of tax evasion in the 1980s under the name of Esther Chu. Lo had attended a White House coffee and a fund-raising event involving First Lady Hillary Rodham Clinton and Vice President Gore.
- Marc Rich was an international commodities trader, hedge fund manager, financier and businessman. He was best known for founding the commodities company Glencore and for being indicted in the United States on federal charges of tax evasion and illegally making oil deals with Iran during the Iran hostage crisis. He was in Switzerland at the time of the indictment and never returned to the United States. He received a controversial presidential pardon from U.S. President Bill Clinton on January 20, 2001, Clinton’s last day in office. Business partner with Rich, Gilbert Chagoury is an industrialist with interests in construction, real estate and property development, flour mills, water bottling and purification, glass manufacturing, insurance, hotels, furniture manufacturing, telecommunications, IT, catering and international financing. Chagoury has been a supporter of Bill and Hillary Clinton since the 1990s, funding their election campaigns and is a major donor to the Clinton Foundation. Ghagoury was a close associate of Nigerian dictator, General Sani Abacha, who helped Ghagoury and Rich trade oil assets in Nigeria earning the trio billions of dollars.
Jeffrey Epstein Epstein’s sexual exploits have been documented since 2005, when a woman in Palm Beach contacted police saying that her 14-year-old daughter had been paid $300 to massage him and then have sex. The claim prompted a nearly year-long investigation that led to the eventual charge of soliciting prostitution which came as part of a plea deal. He spent 13 months of a 18-month sentence in jail and remains a registered sex offender. Since that time, approximately 40 other women have accused Epstein of sexual misconduct.
Epstein was again arrested on July 6, 2019 on federal charges for sex trafficking of minors in Florida and New York.
Epstein’s extensive network of high-profile people in the upper echelons of society reached around the world. He hosted Bill Clinton at his private Caribbean island, Little St James, between 2002 and 2005. He flew Kevin Spacey and Chris Tucker to Africa as part of a humanitarian project. Prince Andrew is known to have gone on holidays with Epstein up until around 2010. In documents released the day before he’s alleged to have committed suicide, Virginia Roberts Giuffre, who has claimed that Epstein kept her as a teenage “sex slave”, said that she was instructed by Ghislaine Maxwell, a British socialite alleged to have supplied Epstein and his well-off social circle with underage girls, to have sex with former New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson and former US Sen. George Mitchell, among others.
Donald Trump also has a history with Jeffrey Epstein who was a regular visitor to Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago. According to the Daily Mail, Trump was a frequent dinner guest at Epstein’s home, which was often full of barely dressed models. In 2003, New York magazine reported that Trump also attended a dinner party at Epstein’s honoring Bill Clinton. “I’ve known Jeff for 15 years,” Trump is quoted as saying. “Terrific guy. He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it — Jeffrey enjoys his social life.” Now, I’m not saying there is a connection between Trump and Epstein’s sexploitations. All I’m saying is they knew each other, they were friends, and most are aware of Donald Trump’s penchant for beautiful young women.
Who else had taken advantage of Epstein’s sex-slave harem? It’s been reported he had photographs uncovered in a police raid on his home at the time of his arrest. Who were in those photos? The true number of Epstein’s victims and fellow pedophiles may never be known now that he’s dead. Perhaps in 30 or 40 years the gruesome details of his sexual exploits will be revealed. By then most of his conspirator pedophile friends will have died.
Epstein had previously been relocated to a suicide-watch unit after being found unconscious in his jail cell with marks on his neck on 23 July – a week after his bail request was rejected. On August 10, 2019, the day after the release of legal documents implicating other pedophile conspirators, Jeffrey Epstein was reportedly found dead in his prison cell in New York while awaiting trial for child sex trafficking charges. Officials claimed it was suicide.
I don’t believe that for a moment. In fact, I’ve been expecting to see the reports of his death ever since he was arrested this second time. The man had documentation, including photographs and video of other rich and powerful men having sex with girls as young as 14 in one of his numerous compounds. According to court papers, Epstein wired his mansion with hidden cameras, secretly recording orgies involving his prominent friends and underage girls. The ultimate purpose: blackmail. Before he could fully expose his wealthy and powerful inner circle, the powers that shouldn’t be had him murdered.
Another addition to the Clinton Body Count.
Bill Clinton was very close to Jeffrey Epstein. Court records show that the convicted billionaire pedophile that pimped out underage girls to powerful men had 21 contact phone numbers for Bill Clinton in his computerized phone directory. That directory also included A-listers such as Tony Blair, Naomi Campbell, Dustin Hoffman, Michael Bloomberg and Richard Branson. Flight logs show that from 2001 to 2003, Bill Clinton flew on Epstein’s private plane, dubbed “The Lolita Express” by the press, 26 times. After Epstein’s arrest in July 2006, federal tax records show Epstein donated $25,000 to the Clinton Foundation that year.
Clinton, meanwhile, flew on multiple occasions in the same plane to Epstein’s private Caribbean island, Little St James, between 2002 and 2005 as he developed his philanthropic post-presidential career. It would later be alleged in court that Epstein organised orgies on that same private island in the US Virgin Islands. (The Independent)
A new book on Epstein titled TrafficKing by Conchita Sarnoff, of the Washington, D.C. based non-profit Alliance to Rescue Victims of Trafficking, has revealed that Clinton flew on board Epstein’s private jet dozens of times. The book cites flights logs for the plane, dubbed the “Lolita Express”, with Clinton’s name included in them. The logs show he took 26 flights, at least five of which he traveled without an entourage.
Court documents also claim that Clinton was friends with an unnamed woman who kept images of naked underage children on her computer, helped to recruit underage children for Epstein… and photographed underage females in sexually explicit poses‘. While Clinton cut off ties with Epstein abruptly around the time of Epstein’s arrest, this woman’s abuses apparently did not end their relationship as she was reportedly one of the 400 guests at Chelsea Clinton’s 2010 wedding. (Daily Mail)
The Clinton’s penchant for pedophilia once again surfaced during the 2016 United States presidential election cycle in the PizzaGate scandal.
In the fall of 2016, the personal email account of John Podesta, Hillary Clinton’s campaign manager, was hacked, and his emails were subsequently made public by WikiLeaks. Some claimed that the emails contained coded messages referring to human trafficking and connecting several U.S. restaurants and high-ranking officials of the Democratic Party with an alleged child-sex ring involving the Washington, D.C. restaurant Comet Ping Pong.
Other videos exposing this child-sex ring have summarily been censored and removed from the YouTube platform making it more difficult for you to learn what really happened and who was involved.
After Edward Welch entered Comet Ping Pong pizzeria in Washington, DC wielding an assault rifle to “self-investigate” the story that top Democrats were running a child sex ring out of the basement, it turned out the pizzeria doesn’t have a basement, which the mainstream media jumped on to discredit the whole child sex ring angle as being “fake news” conspiracy theory.
Never mind the facts, but since one detail (no basement) was incorrect, mainstream media consumers were expected to ignore the entire “Pizzagate” thing as being false. And, even if Comet Ping Pong is not directly affiliated with Pizzagate, that fact does not negate the larger story of a growing problem in America: child sex trafficking.
Veterans For Child Rescue (V4CR) was founded in April of 2017. V4CR is dedicated to raising awareness about the epidemic of child sex trafficking right here in the United States, exposing this fastest growing criminal enterprise and putting predators behind bars.
Fulcrum News writes, PizzaGate is not complete without the fact that a man who owns a pizza shop in Washington, DC, and who was named by Washingtonian Magazine as one of the most powerful men in our city, and who visited the Obama White House at least 5 times as per publicly available visitor logs, and who hosted a private dinner/fundraiser for Hillary Clinton’s team… this strange man does appear in the Podesta WikiLeaks, and his Instagram account – which has been since investigated in-depth by many on the Internet – is a true horror show. Images so sick and deranged we cannot actually share them here, in the interest of the public well-being.
To learn more or to participate in the open source investigation of Pizzagate, visit: Reddit Bans #Pizzagate Investigation. The Corbett Report Continues It or read the emails for yourself at https://wikileaks.com/podesta-emails/ and make up your own mind. Don’t let the mainstream media censor what you know about this bizarre story.
In October 1996, the Clinton/Gore campaign, the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and the Commerce Department engaged in covering up a Democrat political fund-raising scandal called ChinaGate.
Three former Clinton administration officials have refused to give the U.S. Congress documents subpoenaed for investigations of Democrat fund-raising — claiming a Fifth Amendment privilege against self-incrimination. The three are: former Associate Attorney General Webster Hubbell, former Commerce Department political appointee John Huang and Mark Middleton, a former aide to the White House chief of staff. (Associated Press, 2/28/97)
Others have fled the country to evade indictments and answering questions.
John Huang was involved in fund-raising while he was a political appointee at the Commerce Department.
- Huang, a former U.S. representative of the Asian conglomerate Lippo Group, despite assertions of having avoided any contact with any Commerce Department matters involving Lippo, apparently violated federal conflict-of-interest laws by joining the administration’s Indonesia Advocacy-Financing Working Group which dealt with projects involving Lippo. Huang aggressively argued for a new U.S. trade policy toward Vietnam only one day after joining the Commerce Department in July 1994, and pushed the issue for 17 months while the Lippo Group sought to expand its business in Vietnam. (The Washington Times, 12/12/96; 11/27/96)
- While still at the Commerce Department, Huang traveled coast to coast to raise money for the Democrat Party and brought in more than $150,000 in donations before he formally left his senior Commerce Department post, according to records obtained by House investigators. Political fund-raising by federal employees is prohibited by the Hatch Act. (The Washington Times, 2/19/97)
- John Huang expressed a particular interest in gathering secret intelligence about China, according to testimony by a CIA officer who briefed Huang 37 times. His testimony was taken as part of a lawsuit filed by Judicial Watch on whether Democratic donors were rewarded with trips on trade missions.
EPA Administrator Carol Browner used the EPA to campaign against Republicans running on the Contract with America, an illegal use of the executive branch for political campaigning.
- A bipartisan letter from the House Government Reform and Oversight Subcommittee on Regulatory Affairs on March 21, 1995, charges the Environmental Protection Agency and its administrator, Carol M. Browner, with violating the federal Anti-Lobbying Act by faxing unsolicited material opposing the Republican-sponsored regulatory reform package to various corporations and public-interest groups.
Senior Advisor, Bruce Lensey, as treasurer for the Clinton gubernatorial campaign in 1990, signed withdrawals from Perry County Bank, the president of which has pled guilty to conspiring to conceal these withdrawals from the IRS and FEC.
Kim Weissman writes in a Congress Action update on July 13, 1997,
“One of the many troubling aspects of this affair is how the cesspool of corruption which the Clintons brought to Washington can cause even the most honorable men to prostitute their principles, attempting to defend the indefensible.
John Glenn was an honorable man, a true American hero. A Marine, one of America’s first astronauts, the first American to ride a rocket into earth orbit at a time when our rockets had the nasty habit of routinely blowing up in people’s faces. His bravery, his patriotism, his honor were above reproach and beyond question. Until Bill Clinton came to town. And in a few short years this bona fide hero has transformed himself into nothing more than a party hack, in service to monumental presidential corruption. Once a man throws his honor on the trash heap, it can never be reclaimed. And Glenn is not alone among democrats compromising their integrity to protect Bill Clinton. As for the media, which has instituted a virtual news blackout in which live coverage is nonexistent and then whines that nobody cares, which ignores crimes, espionage, and possible treason, and shamelessly peddles the democrat line that “the system is broken”, their ethics and principles in this matter are beneath contempt. As usual. The media see these hearings as their chance to enact “reform” which will enhance their power even further, and subversion of our government and treason in high office is of no interest. The integrity of our government and safety of the nation ranks below their self-aggrandizement.”
Clinton’s Criminal Appointees
Attorney General Janet Reno fabricated charges of child molestation against the Branch Davidians in Waco, Texas, ordering the use of military equipment and the use of chemical agents against citizens of the United States. Eighty-six men, women, and children died after FBI agents used grenade launchers to mount a CS gas attack on their compound. Larry Potts—who coordinated the Waco raid and was censured for his role in the 1992 Ruby Ridge, Idaho, shoot-out — was promoted to deputy director of the FBI by Reno.
It was revealed in 2010 by Dick Morris, a longtime friend of Clinton and political advisor during his first term in office, that Janet Reno essentially blackmailed Bill Clinton to re-appoint her to a second term as Attorney General.
He told Sean Hannity that the President was not going to appoint Attorney General Janet Reno to a second term in office following the federal barrage on the Branch Davidian ranch at Mount Carmel.
“Bill Clinton orchestrated that takeover and in fact was so ashamed of what he did in Waco that he was not going to appoint Janet Reno to a second four year term” Morris stated. “She told him in a meeting right before the inauguration day for his new term, that ‘if you don’t appoint me, I’m gonna tell the truth about Waco’ and that forced Clinton’s hand in reappointing her.”
With the apparent approval of President Fidel Castro, in a pre-dawn raid of the Gonzalez home in Miami, Janet Reno ordered heavily armed INS agents to storm the house and snatch the young Elian Gonzalez from his relatives there. Outside, more armed thugs fired pepper spray into the angry crowd as they took away the crying and screaming 6-year-old boy.
More than 20 federal agents arrived at the home shortly before 5 a.m., using rams on the home’s chain-link fence and front door to force their way in. Inside, hiding in a closet, Elian’s great-aunt and one of the fishermen who rescued Elian, Donato Dalrymple held Elian in his arms as the federal thugs told him, “give me the boy or I’ll shoot you.” A short time later, a woman and man brought Elian out of the home as he was screaming, “Help me! Help me! Don’t take me away!” in Spanish.
This unconstitutional federal raid on a private and lawful home, seizing a person accused of nothing has been perhaps Clinton’s most tyrannical acts of despotism.
Washington lawyer, Clinton confidant and golfing partner, Vernon Jordan, was deposed by Ken Starr for his role in obtaining $50,000 in “consulting fees” for Webster Hubbell, between the time Hubbell left the Justice Department and entered federal prison. Starr was trying to determine if those fees were “hush money.” That money came from Revlon Corporation, where Mr. Jordan sits on the board of directors.
Jordan, at the request of Clinton’s personal secretary, Betty Currie, had also helped Monica Lewinsky search for a new job and a lawyer after she left the White House.
Vernon Jordan’s relationship with Bill Clinton goes back to a 1991 Bilderberger meeting where Clinton was introduced to the group by Jordan. The Bilderbergers arrogantly plot the subversion and silent takeover of constitutional governments everywhere. Their goal is a World Government run exclusively by their hand-picked puppets. It was shortly after attending the 1991 Bilderberger meeting, Governor Bill Clinton was selected to be the next President of the United States.
President Clinton has done a masterful job of placing “fall-guys” between himself and his administration’s indigenous corruption scandals. Independent Counsels have indicted and jailed senior administration officials for corruption, but Mr. Clinton has always maintained arms-length plausible deniability. Clinton’s defensive modus operandi: admit nothing, deny everything and make counter-allegations.
- It was alleged George Stephanopoulos, Senior Advisor, took a $600,000 loan below market interest and with insufficient collateral from NationsBank, a bank having business before the Clinton Administration, lied to Congress during Whitewater hearings, and attempted to have Whitewater investigator Jay Stephens at the RTC fired.
- Secretary of Labor, Robert Reich lied to Congress when he wrote that there were no memos circulating in the Labor Department instructing staff to gather political material against the Contract with America. Such memos were later published.
- Former Assistant Secretary of HUD, Roberta Achtenberg violated the First Amendment when she ordered HUD lawyers to silence citizens who spoke out against planned housing projects. She also exceeded her authority when she had HUD staff threaten Allentown County to withdraw an “Use of English language encouraged” ordinance.
- On Feb. 12, 1995, the Los Angeles Times reveals Veterans Affairs Secretary Jesse Brown made 20 trips at taxpayers’ expense to his hometown of Chicago—rarely attending any official events.
- Former Secretary of Defense, Les Aspin, through criminal negligence was responsible for the death of Army Rangers in Somalia. He has never been held accountable in public hearings. He subsequently resigned and is now deceased.
- The Los Angeles Times revealed on June 25, ’95, Energy Secretary Hazel O’Leary, at taxpayers’ expense, routinely upgrades her airline flights to business and first class and stays at expensive hotels—seeking reimbursement from the government at as much as 150 percent of the maximum level allowed. In Jan. ’96, the General Accounting Office audit finds $255,000 in undocumented expenses from Hazel O’Leary’s trips abroad. In April, ’96, a General Accounting Office audit showed that the 14 overseas trips Energy Secretary Hazel O’Leary took in 1994 and 1995 netted only about $448 million worth of business — not the $2 billion her administration claimed — and that some of the deals concluded on the trips benefited foreign firms more than U.S. companies. An Energy Department inspector general report stated that part of the $4.6 million Secretary Hazel O’Leary spent on overseas trips may have been spent illegally.
- Chief of Staff to the First Lady, Margaret Williams obstructed justice when she removed documents from the office of Vince Foster. She lied to Congress about removing those documents.
- Treasury Department Employee, Joshua Steiner, lied to Congress about conversations with White House personnel about the RTC and has resigned.
- Former Chief of Staff, Mack McLarty conspired with Democratic Congressional Leadership to block access to vital documents in a Congressional hearing.
- USIA Inspector General, Marian Benett, covered up credit-card fraud by USIA Inspector General staff.
- Federico Pena, Secretary of Transportation has been accused of awarding State and federal contracts to companies in which he had a financial interest.
- Assistant Attorney General for Civil Rights, Deval Patrick was accused of using extortion to force banks to give preferential treatment to minorities.
Clinton administration officials indicted
The Justice Department probe began on Sept. 22, 1994, it’s investigating whether Housing and Urban Development Secretary Henry Cisneros lied to the FBI about payments he made to his former mistress, Linda Jones. In March ’95 Attorney General Janet Reno concluded HUD Secretary Henry Cisneros made yearly payments to Jones of between $42,000 and $60,000—contradicting Cisneros’ claim to the FBI that his yearly payments totaled no more than $10,000. In May 1995, an independent counsel was named to investigate if the lies HUD Secretary Henry Cisneros told to the FBI constitute a felony.
On Dec. 11, 1997 a federal grand jury in Washington handed down a 21-count indictment, charging Cisneros and Jones variously with conspiracy, obstruction of justice, fraud and perjury. Evidence including 40 hours of secretly recorded telephone calls, IRS records and canceled checks suggests to prosecutors that Cisneros committed perjury and conspired with his ex-mistress and others to lie about the hush money. Those records indicate Cisneros paid Jones about $250,000 and continued to pay her after he came to Washington, including payments totaling some $40,000 prior to his interview with the FBI.
Sandy Berger served eight years on the National Security Council staff, first from 1993 – 1997 as deputy national security advisor and then as Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs from 1997 to 2001. It was revealed in 2004 that the U.S. Department of Justice was investigating Berger for unauthorized removal of classified documents in October 2003 from a National Archives reading room prior to testifying before the 9/11 Commission. The documents were five classified copies of a single report commissioned from Richard Clarke covering internal assessments of the Clinton Administration’s handling of the unsuccessful 2000 millennium attack plots. The documents reportedly showed Bill Clinton’s reluctance to capture or kill Osama bin Laden and the Clinton’s role in the days before the 9/11 attack. An associate of Berger said Berger took one copy in September 2003 and four copies in October 2003, allegedly by stuffing the documents into his socks and pants. Berger subsequently lied to investigators when questioned about the removal of the documents. Berger eventually pleaded guilty in 2005 to a misdemeanor charge of unauthorized removal and retention of classified material from the National Archives in Washington. He was fined $50,000, sentenced to serve two years of probation and 100 hours of community service, and stripped of his security clearance for 3 years. Berger died of cancer in Washington, D.C., on December 2, 2015, at the age of 70.
Former Agriculture Secretary Mike Espy was indicted on charges he accepted illegal gifts and lied to investigators. In August, 1994 Attorney General Janet Reno asked for an independent counsel to investigate Agriculture Secretary Mike Espy for accepting gifts from companies regulated by his department. On Oct. 3, 1994, Mike Espy resigns amid charges he accepted gifts and perks barred by federal ethics laws and rules.
In Dec. 1997, Tyson Foods Inc., the nation’s largest poultry processor, pleaded guilty to giving former U.S. Agriculture Secretary Mike Espy more than $12,000 in illegal gifts, and agreed to pay $6 million in fines and investigative expenses.
Ultimately, Independent Counsel Smaltz s investigation of Agriculture Secretary Espy, has resulted in 14 indictments yielding 2 convictions, 3 guilty pleas, 4 acquittals, 3 companies paying enormous fines, and 3 defendants awaiting trial or retrial.
In the tenth major probe into high level Clinton appointees, the Justice Department has opened an investigation into whether or not Labor Secretary Alexis Herman was involved in a scheme of influence peddling during ‘94-’96 when she was a White House aide. The seventh independent counsel of the Clinton era will investigate influence peddling and corrupt campaign fundraising allegations against Labor Secretary Alexis Herman. In response to these allegations, President Clinton remarked, “I don t believe that for a minute.”
Under investigation for over-billing clients, mail fraud and tax evasion, Associate Attorney General Webster Hubbell resigned on March 14, 1994. On Dec. 6, ’94 Hubbell pleads guilty and on Aug. 7, 1995 he began serving 21-month sentence for defrauding the federal government and tax evasion. A June 24, 1997 Los Angeles Times story revealed a City of Los Angeles audit found Webster Hubbell cheated Los Angeles out of almost $25,000 by lying about the consulting work he did for them.
The Justice Department began investigating Commerce Secretary Ron Brown on Feb. 19, 1995 for violation of tax and financial disclosure laws and whether he took money from people seeking to influence him. Apparently, he took bribes from almost everybody saying it is part of the way Washington works. Ron Brown was still under investigation by an Independent Counsel when he died mysteriously in a plane crash in 1996. Former Brown business associate and lover Nolanda Hill revealed on the June 18, 1997 ABC Prime time Live that deceased Cabinet Secretary Ron Brown was set to accept a $700,000 cash payoff from Vietnam in return for pushing normalized trade relations with the communist country.
On Jan. 20, 1994, an independent counsel is named to investigate the Clintons’ personal, political and business finances in the 1980s, including their role in the Whitewater Development Corporation. As a result, Clinton’s cronies begin to fall around him.
Former Arkansas Municipal Court Judge David Hale was indicted for defrauding the federal government by misrepresenting Capital Management’s paid-in capital. David Hale pleads guilty on Mar. 22, 1994 to conspiracy and mail fraud.
Arkansas Gov. Jim Guy Tucker was indicted on three felony charges of making false statements and conspiracy to defraud the United States in the Whitewater venture. Later, 11 new counts of conspiracy, wire fraud, making false statements and misapplying funds are added. When Clinton loyalist Judge Henry Woods dismisses the original three-count indictment against Gov. Tucker, independent counsel Kenneth Starr files an immediate appeal. Tucker is eventually found guilty of fraud in connection with the failed savings and loan institution and faces 10 years in prison and $500,000 in fines. After Tucker’s resignation as Governor, Lt. Gov. Mike Huckabee replaced him.
Clinton’s partner in the Whitewater venture, Jim McDougal, was indicted on 19 counts of conspiracy, mail fraud, making false statements and false bank reports, and misapplying funds. McDougal was found guilty of fraud in connection with the failed savings and loan institution. Jim McDougal was serving his 3 year sentence for bank fraud at the Fort Worth Federal Medical Center in Texas, a facility operated by the federal Bureau of Prisons for inmates who need medical attention. Just prior to another round of testimony before Kenneth Starr’s grand jury, Jim McDougal suffered a heart attack while in solitary confinement, which may have been brought on by the diuretics forced on him.
Susan McDougal was indicted on eight counts of conspiracy, wire fraud, mail fraud and making false statements.
- On Feb. 6, 1996, President Bill Clinton is subpoenaed in the bank fraud and conspiracy trial of James and Susan McDougal, his partners in the failed Whitewater development project and on Mar. 26th, the White House agrees to have Clinton videotape his testimony.
- The White House releases on Feb 20, more than 100 pages of “mistakenly overlooked” Whitewater records subpoenaed in 1994.
- On May 16, 1996, the Senate Whitewater committee votes to subpoena FBI reports showing that Hillary Clinton’s fingerprints were found on hundreds of pages of Rose law Firm documents found in the White House residence quarters in January. The records, subpoenaed in 1994, and had been missing. In a two-page affidavit to Senate Whitewater investigators on June 17th, Hillary Clinton states that she “does not know” how her Rose Law Firm billing records ended up in the White House.
Criticized for attempting to quash a Whitewater investigation at the RTC through White House liaisons, obstructing justice in the Foster suicide investigation by blocking access, removing documents, lying about his removal of documents, and by retrieving Foster’s pager from Park Police, White House Counsel Bernard Nussbaum resigns on Mar. 5, 1994 and is under investigation for lying to Congress.
Director of White House Administration, Patsy Thomasson, lied to Congress about the composition of the Health Care Task Force and the size of its budget and obstructed justice when she removed documents from the office of Vince Foster.
Deputy Treasury Secretary Roger Altman resigned on Aug. 17, 1994 amid charges of lying to Congress in his testimony concerning Whitewater/Resolution Trust Corporation (RTC) investigation.
Treasury Counsel Jean Hanson resigns on Aug. 18, 1994 amid charges that she briefed the White House on Whitewater/RTC investigation.
On Dec. 15, 1995, Former White House lawyer William Kennedy refuses to comply with Senate Whitewater Committee subpoena demanding Whitewater-related documents.
Jury selection began on June 17, 1996 in the Whitewater-related trial of Herby Branscum and Robert Hill, two Arkansas bankers indicted on charges of fraud. Prosecutors maintain Hill and Branscum funneled $7,000 to then-Gov. Bill Clinton’s 1990 re-election campaign.
Deputy Chief of Staff, Harold Ickes, broke into New York Republican headquarters in 1970 but has never been indicted for this crime which was similar to what the Watergate Plumbers spent time in jail for. He also lied to Congress about his involvement in the Whitewater coverup.
Former White House Counsel, Lloyd Cutler lied to Congress and attempted to withhold vital information from Congress. He obtained a confidential Treasury report and showed it to witnesses before they testified before Congress in the Whitewater hearings. He again lied to Congress when he denied having shown testimony to witnesses. Lloyd Cutler has resigned.
Co-President, Hillary Clinton
Like husband Bill, Hillary Rodham Clinton is also awash in controversy. Hillary has consistently shown she believes to be above the law.
Clinton friend and advisor, Dick Morris says about Hillary Clinton, “Hillary Clinton scandals are a gift that keeps on giving.”
In addition to Benghazi, the Clinton Foundation and the scandal involving her emails as Secretary of State, there was Travelgate, Filegate, Whitewater, the mystery surrounding the death of Vincent Foster, and a cattle futures “miracle” that netted Clinton a lot of money.
Early Hillary Clinton crimes
Back in 1978 and 79, while First Lady of Arkansas, it’s been alleged she took a $100,000 bribe, camouflaged as futures trades, from Arkansas’s largest employer, Tyson Foods Inc. She engaged in a series of trades of cattle futures contracts and netted a $100,000 windfall from cattle futures after a $1,000 investment. Hillary Clinton’s defenders maintained that she had made her own decisions, that her own money was constantly at risk, and that she made both winning and losing trades. There never was any official governmental investigation into, or findings about, or charges brought regarding Hillary Rodham’s cattle futures trading.
It’s been alleged she speculated in Health Care industry futures while overseeing legislative reform of same.
- Failed to correct false testimony by co-defendant Ira Magaziner in Health Care trial.
- Ordered members of the Health Care Task Force to shred documents that were the target of a court probe.
Hillary Clinton became the first First Lady to testify before a grand jury when she was subpoenaed by the Whitewater grand jury. Ultimately, no charges were brought against her.
In 1996, Hillary was accused by the Senate Special Whitewater Committee of ordering chief White House counsel, Bernard Nussbaum, to remove potentially damaging files related to Whitewater from Vince Foster’s office on the night of his death and telling aides to lie about their removal. The Senate Whitewater committee subpoenaed FBI reports showing that Hillary Clinton’s fingerprints were found on hundreds of pages of Rose law Firm documents found in the White House residence quarters in January. Of course, Hillary denied everything. In a two-page affidavit to Senate Whitewater investigators on June 17th, Hillary Clinton states that she “does not know” how her Rose Law Firm billing records ended up in the White House.
- Obstructed justice by ordering the shredding of Vince Foster’s documents in the Rose Law Firm.
- Obstructed justice by keeping her billing records, a document sought under subpoena, in the White House residence.
- Lied to investigators about her knowledge about billing records.
- Lied to investigators about her involvement in the Castle Grande land flip con.
Associate White House counsel William Kennedy, White house director of administration David Watkins, and White House aide Patsy Thomasson was accused of fabricating charges against White House Travel Office personnel to have the lucrative business taken over by Clinton friends, Linda Bloodworth Thomason and Harry Thomason.
They coerced FBI and IRS agents into complicity with this scheme to destroy the life of Billy Dale, the longtime Travel Office Director. He had held that position since 1982, serving through most of the Reagan and George H. W. Bush administrations, and had started in the Travel Office in 1961. Dale was eventually charged with trumped up charges of embezzlement and criminal conversion facing up to 20 years in prison if convicted. The jury acquitted Dale of both charges on November 16, 1995, following less than two hours of deliberations.
Travel Office employee and Bill Clinton’s third cousin, Catherine Cornelius removed documents from White House Travel Office. Because those documents later became the subject of a trial against Office Director Billy Dale, that could amount to obstruction of justice.
- Ordered the use of the FBI to discredit Travel Office employees.
- Thomasson ordered the removal of hard drives from computers in the travel Office three days before the firings of seven Travel Office staff and just two days before an audit of the office began.
- Hillary Clinton lied to investigators about her involvement in the firing of Travel Office Employees. In May 1993, the co-president was accused of having a central hand in firing several long-time employees of the White House Travel Office, the better to give the pricey travel business to her Hollywood pals, Linda Bloodworth Thomason and Harry Thomason. Hillary denied everything and when Whitewater Independent Counsel Robert Ray investigated Travelgate, he concluded that there was substantial evidence that involved Hillary but not enough to warrant an indictment.
- In July 1993, Congress requested the non-partisan General Accounting Office investigate the firings; on May 2, 1994, the GAO concluded that the White House did have legal authority to terminate the Travel Office employees without cause, because they served at the pleasure of the president. However, it also concluded that Cornelius, Thomason, and Thomason business partner, Darnell Martens, who all had potential business interests involved, had possibly influenced the decision. Moreover, the GAO report indicated that the First Lady played a larger role than previously thought before the firings, with Watkins saying she had urged “that action be taken to get ‘our people’ into the travel office.“
- On January 5, 1996, a two-year-old memo from White House director of administration David Watkins surfaced that identified First Lady Hillary Rodham Clinton as the motivating force behind the firings, with the additional involvement of Vince Foster and Harry Thomason. “Foster regularly informed me that the First Lady was concerned and desired action. The action desired was the firing of the Travel Office staff.” Written in fall 1993, apparently intended for McLarty, the Watkins memo also said “we both know that there would be hell to pay” if “we failed to take swift and decisive action in conformity with the First Lady’s wishes.” This memo contradicted the First Lady’s previous statements in the GAO investigation, that she had played no role in the firings and had not consulted with Thomason beforehand; the White House also found it difficult to explain why the memo was so late in surfacing when all the previous investigations had requested all relevant materials.
- The Special Committee investigating Whitewater included Thomasson in their conclusion that the evidence established that White House officials engaged in a pattern of deliberate obstruction of, and interference with, efforts by law enforcement authorities to conduct their several investigations into Vince Foster’s death. It was the travel office controversy that was subsequently judged to have been a factor in Vince Foster’s alleged depression and July 20, 1993, suicide.
- On June 5, 1996, House committee chair Clinger announced that the committee’s investigations had discovered that the White House had requested access to Billy Dale’s FBI background check report seven months after the terminations, in what Clinger said was an improper effort to justify the firings. It was rapidly discovered that the White House had additionally gotten improper access to hundreds of other FBI background reports, many on former White House employees in Republican administrations; thus was born the Filegate controversy.
- The White House finally releases more than 2,000 documents on June 25, 1996, relating to the travel office firings, originally requested two years prior by congressional investigators.
- The House Government Reform and Oversight Committee issued its majority report on September 18, 1996, in which it accused the Clinton administration of having obstructed the committee’s efforts to investigate the Travelgate scandal. It portrayed Bill Clinton as being heavily involved in the travel office affair, more than any other investigation.
Kennedy and Watkins were eventually forced to resign. Thomasson has moved on to become Chief of Staff at the Ben Barnes Group in Washington DC and serves in a liaison capacity between BBG and Capital Hill.
In 2000, Independent Counsel Robert Ray issued his final report on Travelgate. He sought no charges against Hillary Clinton, saying that while some of Clinton’s statements were factually false, there was insufficient evidence that these statements were either knowingly false or that she understood that her statements led to the firings.
Conservative commentator Barbara Olson would entitle her highly unflattering 1999 book Hell to Pay: The Unfolding Story of Hillary Rodham Clinton, in reference to Clinton’s Travelgate phrase. Olson died on American Airlines flight 77 which crashed into the Pentagon on 9/11.
The Clinton’s used the FBI to target political opponents. On June 6, 1996, The Los Angeles Times reported that the White House sought confidential FBI background documents on fired White House Travel Office chief Billy Dale. The next day, the White House admits it ordered FBI files of more than 330 people, including dozens of Republican leaders, saying it was working off an “outdated list” of people who had applied for access to the White House. Eventually it is discovered that about 1,000 people’s FBI files were obtained by Clinton officials.
One of those people whose FBI file was obtained by the White House was Linda Tripp, who blazed onto the national scene when she released to Independent Council, Ken Starr, secretly taped conversations she had with Monica Lewinsky about the sexual conduct of the President. Tripp’s connection to FBI files also include her witnessing fellow employees copying FBI files onto White House computers when she worked in the Clinton White House. (The Washington Times, 9/4/98) Tripp is also at the center of conspiracy theories involving Vince Foster’s suicide. Tripp had worked in the early Clinton administration in 1992 as executive assistant to Bernie Nussbaum, then the White House counsel. Tripp first surfaced in the original report on Foster’s death by former independent counsel Robert Fiske. Fiske said in his report, that Tripp was the last person to speak to Foster before he committed suicide. It was also Tripp who provided testimony on what happened inside Foster’s office after word of his death surfaced, again leading to questions of impropriety.
Tripp also is the original source of information regarding Kathryn Willey’s reported claim that Clinton had kissed and fondled her, claiming to be the first person to talk to Willey after she left the Oval Office.
- In June 1996, White House security head Craig Livingstone, a political operative and former bouncer, illegally obtained over 700 FBI files of mostly White House personnel from former Republican administrations.
- On the 9th, White House Chief of Staff Leon Panetta offers a public apology for the White House’s obtaining the FBI files: “Mistakes were made. It is inexcusable.”
- President Clinton later offered a direct apology and calls the FBI files controversy a “completely honest bureaucratic snafu.”
- FBI Director Louis Freeh said on June 14, that he and his agency were “victimized.” He also says that the White House acquisition of the files represented “egregious violations of privacy.”
- The Washington Post reports on the 16th, Secret Service officials say the tracking system they used for White House passholders could not have generated the supposedly outdated list that the White House claimed it used to request FBI files on the now more than 400 former passholders.
- White House places personnel security office director Craig Livingstone, directly responsible for obtaining the FBI files, on administrative leave.
- House Government Reform and Oversight Committee begins hearings on FBI file affair on June 19th. Livingstone tells officials that the office holding the files was often left unsecured and that people with the lowest level security clearance were allowed access to the room. ABC News reports that Livingstone himself did not get proper security clearance until more than a year after he began his job as head of security.
- Attorney General Janet Reno calls on FBI to expand its probe to determine how and why White House obtained files on former Reagan and Bush administration staff members – later she reverses her earlier call for the FBI to lead the inquiry, and announces that Whitewater independent counsel Kenneth Starr should investigate how the White House acquired the FBI files in an improper manner.
- New documents on June 25th, show that a total of more than 700 FBI background files were improperly obtained by the White House.
- Craig Livingstone resigns from the White House staff on June 26th.
- Anthony Marceca informs the Senate Judiciary Committee on June 28th, that he is taking the Fifth Amendment and will not answer any more questions concerning the White House acquisition of FBI background files.
- The diaries of the Dick Morris’ call girl, Sherry Rowlands, noted that Mr Morris described Mrs Clinton as the prime mover in the scandal when confidential FBI personnel files on leading Republicans were taken to the White House and scrutinized by political fixers. “It was Hillary,” Mr Morris replied when Miss Rowlands asked who was to blame for the scandal. “She ordered them. She’s a paranoid lady; she did it.”
Hillary Clinton’s elitist attitude and behaviors have continued after leaving the Whitehouse.